Friday 1 January 2016

My most used and favorite makeup products of 2015






I would like to start off by saying thank you to all of you who have stuck by me this year and who follow me on social media I can't believe how fast 2015 has came and gone, I have had both challenging and positive things, one of them being my blog growing as much as it has, getting accepted into university on a nursing degree, and finding out I was pregnant with my little princess, but this year I am hoping to do more regular blog posts and try to improve my blog even further.

After looking through my beauty posts of 2015, I thought that I would share with you all my most used beauty products of this year. There have been so many great new makeup brands that I became obsessed with last year (that sounds so weird now saying last year) so I have a feeling this is going to be a long post so I would get a drink, some food and get yourself comfy...I will stop rambling now and get into this post.



I feel that everyone including myself went a little crazy over the Kylie Jenner trend and it took me ages to get my hands on both these products - but I can honestly say that it was with the wait. I have literally used these products to death through the year 2015 and have had to repurchase both a few times as I keep them in my handbag and keep ending up misplacing them.  I don't think that I could live without these two products, as both of these colours together are the perfect pinky nude shade, I have ever owned and compliment every makeup look, so these had to be included in my most used beauty products of 2015 and if you haven't tried them yet I 100% recommend them.


I would say that this is my most used eye shadow palate of 2015, at one point I remember using this palette everyday for weeks, as the colours were so beautiful and neutral I could make really natural eye looks for in the day, then by night add the darker shades and smoke it out. Not to mention the palette smells freaking amazing - I could almost eat it. This is one purchase I don't regret and I would defiantly repurchase it.



I was so amazed when I discovered this product as it has been a real life saver. I am so lazy when it comes to cleaning my brushes even though it is so important to do so, and I feel that the brush egg cleaner has made the cleaning process so much quicker and easier - I would not clean my brushes any other way. Therefore I had to include this on my "my used" post as I  use it at least once a week and  I would also recommend it to anyone looking for a new way to clean there makeup brushes.


Essence is such as great quality brand that doesn't get the recognition it deserves, and I only discovered there products last year which I wish I knew about them years ago. My most used beauty product from essence has to be there lipliners they're amazing! These lipliner are so affordable and retail at only £1 - yep 100 pennies and are of great quality. I find these lipliners really creamy and pigmented and I also find that they stay on the lips for a considerable amount of time.




Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks
you all know that I am a lipstick junkie so I had to include more than one lip product and 2015 was the year of liquid lipsticks, and I started to get a little obsessive trying to find the best liquid lipsticks, when I stumbled upon a post about colour pop - who I had never heard of before but instantly knew that I wanted to try there lipsticks. And I can honestly say after waiting months to receive my liquid lipsticks and having to pay expensive delivery and custom charges, the colour pop lipsticks were well worth it. I keep telling myself to order some more but just haven't got around to buying them yet, but there will defiantly be some new ones in my makeup collection soon, as I love them and find myself reaching for them on a regular basis. My all time favourite being Bumble which is such a beautiful colour...if you haven already you need to check out these liquid lipsticks.

If you have been reading my blog for a few months now you would know how obsessed I was with the benefit roller lash as it was holy grail mascara and I didn't think that I would ever find a better mascara, so this mascara was used everyday until it ran  out... The packing is so cute at it does everything I want a mascara to do, I will defiantly repurchase this mascara.



Real Techniques Makeup brushes
When looking back through my previous posts I was surprised to see that I hadn't dedicated a post for my Real Techniques brushes, as these are my holy grail and I use them everyday without fail. They are such good quality for the money - I find that they go on sale a lot as well in boots and my local supermarkets. My most used brush out of the collection has to be the foundation brush (buffing brush), which was my first ever makeup brush I ever purchased which I instantly fell in love with and have never tried any other foundation brush since, my next makeup brush purchase will most likely be the bold metals collection or the rose gold Zoeva brushes - fingers crossed aha, so I had to include these in my most used beauty products of 2015.

  LA Girl Pro Concealer
                                              
Out of all my concealers in my collection I have to say that my LA Girl Pro Concealer are one of my most loved and most used concealers, It has such great coverage for my dark undereye circles and blends out seamlessly. I find that this concealer is hard to find within the UK but if you can get your hands on them I would recommend purchasing them, as I am sure that there is a shade for everyone with so many to choose from. I can guarantee that I will be repurchasing this concealer again as soon as my back up ones run out - if you can find the right shades then you can use them not only to conceal but to contour and highlight as well.



If you read my blog regularly then you would know that this is one of my all time favourite blusher which I purchased last year from mac. It is a beautiful shade and looks really nice on my skin tone, but I feel that anyone could wear this blusher - even though it is really pigmented if used with a light hand would leave a beautiful wash of colour. I had to include this blusher in my most used beauty products as I always seem to came back to this one, no matter what makeup look or season it is just so pretty.


You all know that this is another product that I love as I find my self talking about it so much - to the point where I have got both my mom and sister using this primer now. This has to be my holy grail primer which I have used every time I apply makeup without fail well that's if I don't forget when I am in a rush. I have even done a monthly favourites on this primer, and I don't think that I will be changing anytime soon as I have recently repurchased this primer.


I hope you all enjoyed this post - don't forget to comment below and let me know what your most used products are of 2015.

thank you for reading don't forget to follow me on 
Kara xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...