Monday 25 January 2016

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick | Celebrity Skin | swatches | review



For some reason I thought that I had already posted this blog - but I have just found it at the bottom of my drafts oops. So he is my swatches and review on the Jeffree star velour liquid lipstick aha.

I have seen the Jeffree star velour liquid lipsticks everywhere now, no matter what I am on whether that is Instagram, bloglovin or twitter I keep seeing it, so I thought I would bite the bullet and buy one, the most popular I have heard people rave about is the shade celebrity skin which is a beautiful nude shade, so that is the one that I picked up. I managed to order mine from cocktail cosmetics which is based in Birmingham and is a great makeup store that has many different makeup brands from the usa, which is great as it saves on postage and customs - which I hate with a passion!



 

Packaging...
Okay can we just take a minute to appreciate how pretty this packaging is - as you all know I am a sucker for pretty packaging, especially when it is pink and gold! The liquid lipstick is in a thick glass, with a plastic pink lid with gold stars on.

Formula...
I do quite like the formula of this liquid lipstick as I find that it applies smoothly to the lips without going patching or clinging on to dry patches and emphasizing lines. I find that it can be quite drying but bear in mind that most matte formulas are drying as I find that this improves the staying power - I applied this lipstick in the morning after breakfast and it lasted for around 5 hours before needed reapplication. However I did find that the liquid lipstick had a faint chemical smells but it wasn't too overwhelming to me, so I could bear the smell.

Price And Availability...
I find that the price of this liquid lipstick is average if brought from within the UK from places such as Cocktail Cosmetics, as they retail for £14. I did really struggle to find this lipstick anywhere else within the UK, and they only have limited stock at cocktail cosmetics so it takes quite a bit of time to come back in stock - or so I found.

Overall Opinion...
My overall opinion of this liquid lipstick is that I really do like it, maybe even love it lol, the packaging is beautiful, the flexible sloped applicator wand makes application easy, and I find them quite affordable, my on cons would be that I found this lipstick shade to light for my skin tone, however it is still a gorgeous nude shade which could be very wearable compared to the other shades in this collection and the formula is great and long lasting - so I definitely would recommend this lipstick to anyone that loves matte liquid lipsticks.

Thank you for reading don't forget to follow me on 
Kara xoxo 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...