Monday 14 December 2015

Tasty and Easy Christmas Treats | Ginderbread Reindeer Biscuits | Ginderbread Christmas Trees




Hello beauties and welcome back to my blog! I cant believe that we are in December already I feel like this year has just flown by, and I am definitely in the Christmas spirit if you hadn't already guessed from my last post Christmas Gift Guide. So as you can see from the title I am going to share with you some really easy and tasty Christmas treats that I have loved doing lately with my little monster to get into the spirit for Christmas, so if you are interested in how I made these delicious treats carry on reading.



1. Gingerbread Reindeer Biscuits
Okay so the first Christmas treat is a gingerbread reindeer's, these are so quick and easy to do and taste so delicious not to mention they look totally adorable. All you will need is;
  •  350g Plain Flour
  • 1 tbsp Baking Soda
  •  1 tbsp Ginger
  • 100g Butter or Margarine
  • 175g Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutters
  • White icing sugar, chocolate, red and green food colouring for decoration (or red smarties for the nose)
  • Water for icing
okay now you have got all your ingredients measured out the first thing you will need to do is preheat your oven to 190 degrees c or gas mark 5.

Next step is to add all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and ginger) into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter.Add sugar and stir in the egg to make a firm dough, then roll out the dough so that it is thick enough to cut out your ginger bread men. place the cut out gingerbread men on grease proof paper or baking tray ensuring you space them out, and leave them to bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, then place them onto a wire rack to cool down.

once your little gingerbread men are cooled down turn them upside down and decorate them with the icing and food colouring to transform them into cute little reindeer's, like my above photo and you have made adorable little reindeer treats in a matter of 30 minutes, sit back and enjoy your "hard" work.



(Mine on the left Tyler's on the right)

This is how our ones turned out which I am quite impressed with for a first attempt, I just think we need a little more practice on the decorating. 



2. Gingerbread Christmas Trees
So if you liked the last recipe then you will also love this one, as it is quite similar and just as easy as you will need all the same ingredients, however swapping the gingerbread cutters for star shaped cutters of different sizes and you will only need white icing sugar for decoration.


once you have baked your different size star shapes and allowed them time to cool, you can then start making the Christmas trees, The first step is to use your biggest star shape as the base of the Christmas tree and spread the white icing sugar on top then add a smaller size star on top and then again add more icing and repeat this step using smaller stars to build up your tree, when you have got your desired height and look add the smallest star on top to finish off your tree, and there you go you have made tasty gingerbread Christmas trees, which you could eat yourself (which I did) or wrapped them in clingfilm and give you family and friends as little homemade gifts.

So that is all my christmassy recipes I hope you have enjoyed this Christmas inspired blog post and that it has got you in the Christmas mood. If you would like to see some more Christmas treat recipes then let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to do some more as they are so much fun. don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and social media and I hope to speak to you all soon...


Thank you for reading don't forget to follow me on 
   Instagram Twitter Facebook Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr
Kara xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...