Tuesday 7 July 2015

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks | Swatches | First Impression | Review | Fragrance Direct

No flash

If you follow me on instagram you would have seen a photo that I posted about a week ago showing you my Fragrance Direct haul where I was able to pick up some great makeup at affordable prices, if not then don't forget to follow me on social media the links are in the side bar. So I am going to share with you the maybelline colour sensational lipsticks I brought and give you a first impression or mini review of them.


Packaging...
I am not going to lie but I am not overly keen on the packaging of the lipsticks but that is just because I just think it looks quite plain and boring but at least it fits into my lipstick holder so there is one positive thing I can say about the packaging lol. The packaging consists of a plastics coloured lid which is transparent and a plastic tube with a metal look affect, However I do think that the packaging makes the lipsticks look cheap. On the bottom of the lipstick has the shade number, name and colour indicator, but I dont feel that the colour on the bottom of the lipstick resembles the colour of the actually lipstick so it is quite pointless so I give the packaging a 1/5

Price and Availability...
I cant say enough how affordable this website is, I haven't seen anything that seems overpriced, therefore I was able to snatch these lipsticks up for £1.99 each, However when it comes to availability I feel that you have to be quick and buy it up straight away, because I had about 11 maybelline lipsticks in my cart and when I went back on the website to pay the next day there was only 7 shades in stock, so I feel that they do sell out fast, Therefore I give the price 5/5 and the availability 4/5. 

Lipsticks and swacthes...
When I swatched the lipsticks on my arms my first impression was that the lipstick were very sheer and shimmery but that had an average colour payoff and some of them look gorgeous, However when I applied them to by lips I was very disappointed not all the lipstick are bad such as shade 413 delicate coral which has great pigmentation, applied creamy and smoothly to the lips and is a beautiful pink shade, but many of the lipstick just look awful on my lips as they have a metallic look which inst the look that I tend to go for and you will know exactly what I mean when you see the swatches below. The lipsticks do have a smell to them but I cant describe it but it is quite sweet with a slight smell of plastic.


With flash

Overall Opinion...
Therefore my overall opinion on these lipsticks is that they are not exactly my cup of tea, and I dont really see myself  reaching for these lipsticks that much due to the shade selection. But if you like sheer lipsticks that give you a light wash of colour of lipsticks with a metallic look then I would recommend you trying these lipsticks. But my favourite shade from the collection is the delicate coral which I would recommend to everyone as I love this shade, therefore my overall rating for these lipsticks would have to be 1/5. 


Thank you for reading dont forget to follow me on 
                   Instagram Twitter Facebook Bloglovin Pinterest Tumblr
Kara xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...