Friday 22 May 2015

Makeup revolution Mermaids forever palette swatches, review and demo

All over my instagram feed I have been seeing loads of pictures of the Makeup revolution mermaid forever palette And I knew that I needed to get my hands on this palette, as it looked amazing from the pictures I had seen and makeup revolution haven't disappointed me yet I love all of their products I own, Ok other than the eyeshadow primer which I wasn't too keen on but this could have been because I have really oily eyelids. Anyway back to the palette, it has 32 shades ranging from light beige shades to pinks to dark blues and browns, meaning that you can use this palette to create both day and night looks also this palette has a huge mirror which is so handy and this palette retails for only £8. Another thing that I love about this palette is that all the different shades have names and none of my other makeup revolutions palette have names, however I would have preferred the names to be printed on the palette, this is only because I lose things really easy.











There was only one thing that disappointed me about this palette when I first opened it, and that was that the box that the palette came in was such as pretty teal foiled colour, so for some reason I was hoping that the palette would have looked the same as the box it came in. After swatching the shades in this palette I am totally in love, I have got no other palette with similar shades in and I know that this palette is going to get loads of use. I really wasn't expecting the eye shadows to be a foiled looking or shimmery as what they are. The quality of the shimmery shades are amazing they're so pigmented and buttery which I love in an eyeshadow, however the lighter shimmery shades and mattes shades aren't as pigmented and almost go chalky.

Positives
  • Very affordable (you get a lot of product and great quality for the price)
  • A variety of different shades both neutral and colourful shades
  • Majority of the darker shades are really pigmented
  • Eye shadows are creamy
  • There inst too much fall out
  • Palette has a massive mirror
Negative
  • Lighter matte and shimmery shades are not very pigmented and seem to be chalky
  • Could have made the packaging like the box
Thought that I would also share some makeup looks I created using this palettes as I just had to use it straight away as it looked so pretty and to get a better idea of the eye shadows texture and performance.




Have you tried this palette what do you think about it?

Thanks for reading don't forget to follow me on Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / Bloglovin / Pinterest / Tumblr
Kara xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...