Friday 1 May 2015

LA Splash lip couture matte liquid lipsticks swatches and review - are they worth the hype?

hello beauties I thought that I would share with you my most recent purchases as I have heard so many people raving about this brand lately and earlier today they finally got released in the UK. The brand that I am talking about is La Splash which is an american based brand which have released some liquid lipstick, one of which is said to be a dupe for the lime crime liquid lipstick in cashmere, Before this brand was released within the UK I had been looking everywhere for swatches on different skin tones and I haven't been that successful as nearly every photo has looked a different colour, therefore I have decided to show swatches on my skin and lips so that you can get a rough idea of exactly how it looks in contrast with my skin tone which is a mac NW45. 




I was only able to get my hands on two colour but at the same time I didn't want to buy loads encase I wasn't a big fan and they went to waste. The two colour I bought were Ghoulish and latte confessions and I can honestly say after wearing these two colours today for a few hours I do really like them and I cant wait to purchase more on my next shopping trip into town as I have really been liking this liquid matte lipstick rave at the moment.



Ghoulish 







Latte confession
























Positives
  • Ghoulish is a strange colour but I do love the uniqueness
  • Latte confession looks like my lips but better
  • Last very long on the lips and dries matte in the matter of seconds
  • like the shape of the applicator as it makes it easy to apply to the lips 
  • The price is affordable
  • Love the gold lid on the packaging makes it feel more luxurious 
  • don't bled or transfer
  • still looks good after eating may need to apply a little to the center of bottom lip
Negative
  • I feel that they should be made more widely available in UK stores
  • They do feel very drying on the lips but then I suppose that helps with the longevity
  • They have a strong smell but it doesn't bother me to be fair
If you haven't already tried these liquid I would recommend that you try them especially if you like the matte drying feeling or if it doesn't bother you. If you are interested in these lipsticks and live within the UK that can be found at Cocktail Cosmetics for £9.95 or Love Makeup for £8.00

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram / Twitter / Facebook / Tumblr / Bloglovin / Pinterest


Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...