Thursday 30 April 2015

My April Favorites 2015 - Rimmel, Loreal, Sleek, Makeup Revolition, MAC and more

hello and welcome back to my blog today's post is my April favourites where I share what things I have been loving lately and been using all month. I would like to start off by saying I cant believe we are nearly in may I feel like this year is going to way to fast, but at least it means we are one month closer to summer.


I will start off with all the beauty related product as there are quite a few like every month really. ok I am kind of cheating included this in my monthly favourites as I have only been using this product two weeks but I am literally obsessed with it and I cant stop using so I felt I had to include it in today's post, which is the Rimmel clean finish foundation, I have used this everyday since I received it as it is that amazing. My next post will go into more detail about this foundation but for the price I couldn't ask for a better foundation, the reason for this is that I have quite enlarged pores and most of my foundations emphasize these pores and make them look worse, however I feel that this foundation smooths out my skin and give me a flawless dewy finish which is perfect for the warmer summer months and another great thing about this foundation is that it actually matches my skin tone which I find so hard and it has a weird applicator which I much prefer because it means I am not wasting my foundation, if you want to know more about this foundation check out my next post.



Sticking with the base products the next thing I have been loving is the L'Oreal infallible Mattifying base  and omg this is my holly grail primmer, I have such an oily T zone (but also dry patches) especially when the weather is hot and this is just perfect for making sure I am all matte and not looking like a disco ball,  you use this primmer before you apply your foundation and I feel that my foundation and other face products just glide on so smoothly and blend out so well and I believe it is down to this primmer. I will also be included this primmer in my next post therefore you will be able to get a more detail on it.

moving on to lip products which are my absolute favourite I have been loving so many lip combos at the moment but my most used lip liner is surprisingly from Primark from the Ps love collection in the shade 01 which is a beautiful pinky nude shade, for some reason I have been drawn to wearing pink or dark nude shades lately. This lip liner glides on so smoothly and can be worn buy itself however I like to go on the top with either MAC Brave lipstick or Sleek's matte me lip cream which I love, it is quite drying but its worth it because the colour is so beautiful.



Another sleek product I have been loving is the Sleek blush in the shade pomegranate, which I found when cleaning out my makeup collection as I wasn't aware I even had this blush,It is so pretty and I have been using it all month even though it isn't really a spring colour I don't mind as I love mauve plum shades. These blushers are so pigmented and is great quality for the price, when applied to the skin it gives off a pretty sheen which means that I dont need to wear highlighter as it is perfect by itself, but I would recommend using this product with a light hand. These blusher can be purchased at Boots for £4,99.



I have been loving Makeup revolutions products so much lately and this eyeshadow palette from them is no exception I have been using it so much and I think that purple really suits me skin tone especially if just used on the water line for a pop of colour. It includes 6 different eye shadows two of which are matte the rest of shimmer are look so pretty on the eyes (especially brown eyes). The lightest matte shade on the palette is quite chalky but all the other colours are pigmented, creamy and long wearing however I recommend using an eye primer such as urban decay eyeshadow primmer potion which makes the purple really vibrant and pop. This palette also came with a Lipstick and can be purchased from Makeup Revolution.


The last makeup product I have been using constantly and need to buy a new one soon is the Benefit roller lash mascara, which I did a review on not to long ago so if you want more information on this mascara check out my Benefit roller lash review. I feel like other than the urban decay perversion mascara this is the only other mascara that actually makes me look like I have mascara I love the shape of the wand as it allows me to get nearly every lash and it does all the things it claims to do. also the packaging is so pretty so how could you say no to buying the mascara (I swear benefit do it on purpose because they know me are all suckers for cute packaging).

The last product I have been using consecutively throughout April is the clean and clear exfoliating daily wash, I have been using this three times a week and it makes my skin feel so smooth and soft which helps my makeup apply better, Therefore I recommend using this exfoliating daily wash if you are like me and suffer from the occasional spots and black heads as it has micro beads which remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells which are normally the prime reason for spots and blackheads. This can be found in both Boots and Superdrug for £2.99.



what have you been loving this month let me know in the comments below?

Thank you for reading dont forget to follow me on
Kara xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...