Saturday 21 March 2015

Urban decay naked palette vs makeup revolution Iconic 1 Palette Swatches and Review

Top - Urban Decay Naked Palette
Bottom - Makeup Revolution ironic 1 Palette
Ok so lately I am aware that I have been spending way too much money on makeup and I seriously need to start saving for a deposit on a house. I have been on the look out for cheaper makeup products that have the same quality as the high end brands, or makeup dupes that are a little bit cheaper. So I have finally jumped on the Makeup Revolution bandwagon and have discovered a palette that claims to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette, which is probably one of my favourite neutral and most used palette so I thought for £4 why not give it ago.



Top Row - Ironic 1
Bottom - Naked
(With flash)
Top Row - Ironic 1
Bottom - Naked
(With No flash)

After swatching both palettes I can honestly say without a doubt that some of the colours in both palettes are very similar in colour and texture. However the pigmentation of the shimmery shades are much better than the matte shades, and the lighter shades in the palette are pigmented but quiet chalky. Therefore my overall opinion is that the ironic palette is not an exact dupe of the naked palette as only 7 of the shades are similar and some are way off, the packaging could be better and I'm not too keen on the brush that comes with the palette. But I would still use the palette as the colours are still gorgeous and its a great price for the quality you are receiving and I don't have to use the brush that comes with the palettes, so I would recommend you try this palette if you like neutral shades. 

Have you tried any other Makeup Revolution Platte if so which ones do you recommend?
Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and instagram
kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...