Monday 2 March 2015

My Top 5 Nude Lipsticks swatches and review

Hello all you beauty lovers I hope you are all doing well, so I have noticed the past few weeks that I have been wearing nude lipsticks a lot, they're very wearable for everyday use and complement nearly every makeup look. 

Therefore I decided to let you know my top 5 nude lipsticks, I would just like to say before I show you the lipsticks that I am very much a MAC girl and love nearly anything MAC and limited edition (ahh my heart just melts at limited edition packaging) so most of my lipsticks are Mac, but I am starting to venture out and buy new lipsticks from different brands and I am really loving Makeup Academy MUA lipsticks as well as the E.l.f.




MAC Toledo Oxblood - out of all the nude lipsticks I have been wearing lately this is my favourite, I love the colour, pigmentation, texture, matte finish and it stays on my lips a long time. another thing I was surprised about was how nice the lipstick packaging felt, it has a suede feeling and just seem really luxurious. I would say the colour of this lipstick is a light peachy nude but it defiantly does pull more orange on my lips which I absolutely love and I think it is going to look so nice in the summer. Therefore I am going to make sure to get myself a back up when it is released on the MAC website.
MAC Velvet Teddy - I seriously think this is one of MAC best selling lipstick as everyone has being going mad to get their hands on this as the gorgeous kylie Jenner supposedly wears this lipstick. I was chuffed when I got this lipstick I couldn't wait to use it and now I cant put it down, I think darker nudes look much better on my skin tone and really compliment my complexion however I know how hard it is to get my hands on this so i have been using it very lightly until i am able to get another one lol, the colour of this lipstick is a deep toned nude and it is so pigmented and lasted long on the lips. This lipstick is great for everyday use, however I would recommend this lipstick for medium to deep skin tones. I have done another blog post on this lipstick so if you are interested click the link Velvet Teddy.
MAC Enchanted One - I am going to start off by saying this is by far the best limited edition packaging from MAC other than the making pretty collection, and I wish that I was more into MAC when this collection was released as I probably would have brought the whole collection, however I have been spending the last few months trying to hunt down the collection on eBay and Depop (buying and selling apps) and have so far only managed to get three lipsticks (crying face). Anyway this lipstick is describe as a mid-tone neutral pink, however in my opinion when applied to my lips this is just the perfect nude and in my favourite finish which is matte. This lipstick is so creamy and pigmented, applies easy to lips especially when my lips are dry it still looks smooth and isn't drying and it does stay on my lips a very long time I would say about 4-5 hours. And if you are able to get your hands of this lipstick I would defiantly recommend getting it as you won't regret it and it will most likely suit any skin tone and makeup look.
Urban Decay Liar - This lipstick is a browny/pinky nude colour, I am totally in love with the formula of these lipsticks, they are so creamy and really easy to apply to the lips as they just glide on. The pigmentation is also amazing and it feels very moisturising on the lips. They don't stay on my lips very long but not a lot of lipsticks do as I have a habit of licking my lips aha, but they re apply really nice as they don't go chalky or flakey. 
Gerard Cosmetics Buttercup - This lipstick is not only the most amazing pinky nude but it was created by one my most favourite beauty guru/ YouTubers Jacklyn Hill. This is another lipstick that is really creamy and moisturising, as I don't like lipsticks that hug to dry patches or emphasise lines on the lips. This lipstick is very pigmented but maybe to light for deeper complexions, however when paired with a dark nude lip liner such as MAC Soar or a pretty dusty pink lip liner like NYX Sand pink its just looks amazing. The only thing that I don't like about this lipstick is the smell, which to me smells like plastic and oranges lol such a bad description. If you wanted to know a more in-depth description on this lipstick check out my blog post on it My First Gerard Cosmetics Order.

I would love to know what your favourite nude lipsticks are, as I am on the look out for some more lol, but I will speak to you all soon 
kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...