Monday 9 March 2015

MAC Haul - Cinderella Collection swatches and review

MAC Cosmetics Cinderella 2015 collection information #MACCinderella
Hello beauty lovers I hope you are all doing well, Today I am sharing with you my most recent purchases from MAC. Ok so over the past 2 weeks MAC have released a few limited edition collection and cleaning out my bank account lol. The first collection I wanted to share was the Cinderella collection which was my most favourite packaging..can we just take a minute to appreciate and drool over this amazingly beautiful purple/blue iridescent colour packaging I am seriously in LOVE with it. However I was very upset when I watched youtube reviews about this range as many of the items were aimed more towards people with fair skin and I am a NW45 so from then on I was aware that I was buying this collection purely for the packaging, this was mainly because as a child Cinderella was my favourite princess and I knew that I would regret it if I didn't buy at least one thing.




The first Item was the eyeshadow palette in the shade stroke of midnight, I am aware that 5 shades in the palette are permanent and only one of them is limited edition, however that didn't bother me as I don't own any of the permanent ones anyway. The shades in the palette are; Phloof! – frosted off-white (Frost), Quarry – soft muted plum-brown (Matte), Omega – soft muted beige-taupe (Matte)
Vapour – peach-pink with violet pearl (Velvet), Stroke of Midnight – black plum with sparkle pearl (Velvet)  Re promoteSatin Taupe – taupe with silver shimmer (Frost). 


No flash 
With Flash
  • Very neutral colours for both day and night looks
  • packaging is amazing
  • Pigmentation isn't great
  • applies quite chalky
Free As A Butterfly
Royal Ball
Free As A Butterfly
Royal Ball
Left to Right - Royal Ball, Free As A Butterfly (With flash)
Left to Right - Royal Ball, Free As A Butterfly (With no flash)
The next item I received was the lipsticks which I got both in the shades Royal Ball - fleshy pink and Free As A Butterfly -  sheer golden nude. The packaging of these lipsticks are absolutely beautiful but I am not too keen on the finish of these lipsticks with are lustres so it isn't very pigmented and doesn't last very long on the lips, but it gives a light wash of colour on the lips and looks amazing when paired with a lipliner such as soar. However I decided not to get the matching lipglosses as I am not a huge fan of glosses as these ones had chunks of glitter which I don't like. 


From Left to Right - Coupe d'chic, Mystery Princess
 



With Flash
Top to Bottom - Mystery Princess, Coupe D'chic (With No Flash)
The last two things I ordered from the Cinderella Collection was two powders in the shade Coupe d'chic, which is classed as a iridescent powder - peach with a golden shimmer. And a beauty powder in the shade Mystery Princess - pink and silver shimmer with a matte finish. 

  • Pigmentation isn't great on my skin tone (NW45)
  • Very glittery
  • coupe d'chic could be used as a highlighter or blusher
Therefore my overall opinion about the Cinderella collection is that the packaging really is beautiful however the pigmentation isn't great from all the products I have tried, but it could look nice on more fairer skin tones. So I would definitely recommend this collection is you are fair or just love Cinderella in general.

Links for makeup mentioned

 

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin
Kara xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...