Thursday 12 February 2015

January favourites 2015 - Too faced chocolate bar palette, the balm, urban decay, Mac

Hello beauty lovers I hope you are all doing well, I would like to start off by saying that I know this post is a bit late and I am normally an organised person, and this is the first favourites blog I have done so sorry its late lol but this is my January favourites. The majority of things I am going to mention are things that I received for Christmas and have been loving and using all month. 


The first item that I have been loving throughout January which I received for Christmas off my boyfriend is an eye shadow pallet, it is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. when it comes to eye shadows I am not confident in wearing really bright colours even though I love them, so I tend do gravitate towards more neutral colours and that is what I have been doing this January, And the chocolate bar palette has some really beautiful natural/neutral colours, not to mention that palette smells and tastes (aha yes I have tasted my palette) amazing as the eye shadows are made with 100% natural cocoa powder. Also I have always been attracted to pretty packaging which is the reason for most my impulse buys, but the box and the actually palette looks so pretty. The palette consists of 16 eye shadows, two of which are highlighter shades one is matte and one is shimmery. Then the palette has a mixture of both mattes and shimmery shades which consist of beautiful browns, pinks, champagne and plum like colours, therefore this palette has been put together to allow you create really natural makeup looks for both day and night, and the eye shadows are so creamy and pigmented. There is only one negative thing I could say about this palette and that is that the names of the colours are not actually printed on to the palette, now this wouldn't bother some people but I like to know the names of the colours just encase I get asked by anyone, especially my sisters who are always asking what makeup I am wearing it just make life easier, they are printed on a plastic thingy lol (don't know what to call it) and also on the box but this can be easily lost. 



From left to right - Triple Fudge, Black Forrest, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Glided Ganache
From left to right - Amaretto, Candied Violet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Sweet Semi,  Marzipan, Salted Caramel
From left to right - Champagne Truffle, Cherry Cordial, Haute Chocolate, Creme Brulee, Hazelnut
Another makeup product I have been loving is my MAC blusher in the shade Fleur power, I purchased this in November but have never really used it, until I re-discovered it last month and have been using it constantly, The blusher is a satin finish which I like and just looks so beautiful on my skin tone, but I believe this could look nice on any skin tone, as it is really pigmented but if use with a light hand gives and pretty flush of colour, and is perfect for a fresh and natural everyday look, This blush is also long lasting and can be worn anytime of year, and I wish I would have started using this a long time ago as it is pretty much amazing and I cant find any negative things to say about it.



Left to right - Fleur Power, Mary-Lou Manizer


We will stick will cheek products as my next favourite is The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, I have been hearing so many YouTubers raving about how amazing this highlighter is but I have also been reluctant to buy it as I didn't think it would suit someone with a deeper skin tone, however just before Christmas it went on sale so I decided to buy it and I don't regret it one bit, I don't own many highlights as they tend to looked chalky on my skin, but not this one,  it is the best highlighter I have ever used. I love the packaging and like Too Faced I think The Balm have really petty and attractive packaging. I believed that when applying this highlighter a little goes a long way, it also lasts long on my cheek bones and gives the prettiest sheen as it is finely milled and doesn't have a lot of glitter more like a subtle shimmer, another great thing about this product is that it is very versatile and can be used as an eye shadow or even a brow bone or inner corner highlight. I would describe the colour as a shimmery champagne with a hint of gold, therefore I think that this would look beautiful on most complexion as well as both warm and cool skin tones. I believe the best way to apply this highlighter is with a tapered face brush or fan brush but it also works really well when applied with the fingers. 



My next favourite of January is the Urban Decay Perversion (bigger, blacker, badder) mascara. I received this mascara for Christmas as it came in a set called Naked On The Run. There isn't much I can say about this mascara other than it makes my lashes look so long and voluminous which I love as my eye lashes are pretty short and its hard to find a good mascara that makes my lashing long and fuller with out smudging down my face, also when I use this mascara on my bottom lashes they don't seem to give me panda eyes lol. it is also really black as it claims to be. I prefer mascaras that have big brushes like this as I feel it gets every lash, therefore I will be defiantly buying a backup of this mascara. 




The last makeup related favourite of January is a lip product, as you should know by now how much I love lip products, and this is the Eco Lips, Eco Tints in Rose Quartz, I received this product in my January lip monthly and love it so much I have used it every day and I think its a great lip balm for this type of weather as it is freezing. If you want to see what I thought of this product and other items I received in my lip monthly click here January Lip Monthly. This lip balm is great as it smells amazing, unblocks my nose if I am feeling stuffy and also leaves a nice pink sheen on my lips so natural looking.



My last favourite that I have been loving is not makeup related but is my Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume, which I got for Christmas. I am obsessed with the small of this perfume but haven't actually used it from the perfume bottle yet as I use the mini bottle you get with it. I would describe the smell of this perfume as a fresh scent but I am so hopeless at describing smells, therefore according to the website the smell is describe as Sunny, youthful, fresh and incredibly feminine, I do love the smell of this perfume however the packaging is phenomenal and looks such pretty of my dressing table. 



Links if you are interested in any of these products...


I would love to know what beauty products you have been loving this month, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin
Kara xoxo






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...